Sharing one of the composition books I started altering last night. I used a matte medium and layers of acrylic and distress paints to start out with.
Dot fade and splatter stencils were applied to the front cover with texture paste. Laying a few pieces of tulle down, and covering the composition book again with a matte medium.
Letting it dry overnight so I could began the fun part today-
which is the embellishments!
I used both tacky glue and a hot glue gun to adhere the embellishments to the front cover.
Tucking a couple pieces of white netting under the flowers.
Most of the Stamping was done in black archival ink, but I used my DIY combination of Bubblegum Pink and Calypso Teal archival inks also.
This is not the vision I had started with, but the end result!
Which is okay because I had fun with it!
Happy Flowers by Stamplorations was stenciled on the back of the comp book with texture paste. A piece of tulle was added for some texture and covered with a little white acrylic paint. Stamping randomly in black and DIY archival inks to finish the back cover.
Red & White Acrylic Paints
Hot Glue Gun
Tim Holtz Stamps
Stamplorations Butterfly Stamp & Sentiment
Black Archival Ink
DIY Archival Ink in Bubble Gum Pink & Calypso Teal
To Plant A Garden Sentiment (print out from computer)
Brown Lace Piece
White Netting Material
Piece of Black Netting
White Paper Frame
Playing in the following challenges:
Stamps & Stencils Challenge-Floral Frenzy
Craft Stamper Take It Make It June Challenge-Lets Get Inky
(I used Black and Bubblegum Pink/Calypso Teal Archival Inks)
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media June Challenge-Texture